New Member Code of Ethics Training
As a new member of the Wiregrass Board of REALTORS®, the Alabama and National Association of REALTORS®, you are required to complete a 2.5 hour training course on the REALTOR® Code of Ethics. This mandate from the National Association of REALTORS® is enforced by your local association and must be completed within 120 days of the date of your joining, per Article 5 Section 4 of the Association’s Bylaws.
The Wiregrass Board of REALTORS® requires new members to complete this training prior to your scheduled New Member Orientation. The class may be completed online at www.realtor.org, or if an approved course is offered prior to your scheduled New Member Orientation you may complete the ethics training class. To complete the exam online, follow the simple steps below.
1. You will need your NRDS ID Number.
2. Once online, visit: www.realtor.org
3. Click on the link at the top of the page that says “Register”
4. Follow the directions to register with the National Association of REALTORS®. You will be asked for your NRDS ID in this step.
5. Once registered, the National Database takes about 1 hour to update its records and will recognize you as a user thereafter.
6. Once your ID has been recognized, log in using the “LOGIN” link at the top of the page on www.realtor.org and your page will refresh to look like the homepage of the National Association of REALTORS.
7. Close to the bottom of the page, you will notice there will be a link regarding Code of Ethics Training. Click on that link to begin the examination.
1. You may begin and stop the exam at any time, but be sure to save your answers as you complete the exam.
2. If you fail the exam, immediately re-take the exam. You will find that the questions are almost identical. Reviewing your incorrect answers will help you the next time you attempt the exam.
3. Once you have passed the exam, the National Association of REALTORS® will automatically notify us. You may also print a certificate and bring with you to the New Member Orientation.
Should you have questions through this process, please call the National Association of REALTORS® at 1-800-874-6500 and ask for a representative who can assist you with the “New Member Ethics Training”.
New Member Orientation is held at the Board office.
Registration and continental breakfast begin at 8:30 a.m., class begins at 8:45 a.m.